knitting, poetry and all the other important things in life...

Saturday 9 June 2007

I love these socks!

I was off sick from school earlier this week (you can't teach with a sore throat so bad you can't speak) so decided to use some beautiful hand-dyed yarn from the Natural Dye Studio to make the lovely Marigold socks. Another first for me - a toe-up sock!

I managed to just past the heel on that first day and have virtually finished the first one now:





I really must get a new camera, because I'm just not doing justice to the beauty of the yarn - the colours range from rose to a honeysuckle yellow with quite a bit of peachy-apricot too. It is quite a bit thicker than the other sock yarn I've used, but the socks will be perfect snuggy winter socks or will make great house socks for when I'm feeling the chill.

The pattern is really straightforward - easily memorised, although I do need to work on my 'wrap and turn' - it's the first time of used this technique and one side is distinctly "less nice" than the other.

1 comment:

pamela wynne said...

Eeeee!! These are the first ones I've seen, and they look fantastic! Such beautiful yarn, and beautiful work!

If you want a tutorial to perfect your wrappin-and-turnin, check out Cosmicpluto's. For a short row heel without holes, I also really like Misocrafty's method.