knitting, poetry and all the other important things in life...

Tuesday 19 June 2007

Marigolds finished!

I am so happy with these socks - great pattern, wonderful yarn that compliments it beautifully and a really great fit. I've really improved my short-row heels and toes too - the first one, which I didn't think was too bad at the time, now looks shoddy in comparison to the second.


You can't really see the stitch pattern too much in that photo, so here's a close up of me with my feet up the wall!

I'm at a bit of a loose end as to what to start next. I made a tiny bobble hat for the Innocent Drinks/Rowan/Age Concern campain, but with the best will in the world, I'll need to knit other more substantial things as well.

I've got some gorgeous sock yarns lined up for my next project, both from the Natural Dye Studio on ebay.co.uk



I'd quite like to use this lilac-y one for some Pomatomus socks, but I'm not sure that I'l have enough. I think I've 340 yards in total, but the pattern asks for more - any suggestions? I don't have the confidence to try and transform it into a toe-up sock, not yet anyway. I also have 2 skiens of 'Orange Glow' Blue Faced Leicester Yarn - the same yarn as I used for the Marigolds - it reminds me of a packet of Refreshers - can you still get those?

I'm waiting for a copy of Favourite Socks by Ann Budd from Amazon - perhaps I will hold out and see if there's something great in there. I love my new Marigold socks anyway - I'll need them if it carries on being so rainy.

2 comments:

melissa said...

ooh, love the marigolds! i have those on my to-knit list.

pamela wynne said...

The marigolds look great -- beautiful yarn choice! I think these are the first ones anyone has finished, so it's exciting for me to see them. Thanks! :)