knitting, poetry and all the other important things in life...

Saturday 9 June 2007

Recently finished 1 - leaf t-shirt


I said that I'd finished lots of things lately - so I thought I should perhaps take you on a quick tour, starting with my favourite garment.
A couple of weeks ago I finished the lovely leaf t-shirt from knittingschooldropout.
I used Rooster Almerino aran in custard - a gorgeous yarn that I will definitely use again.
I am delighted with it - I'd only knitted a couple of garments before (sticking to bags and scarves etc on the whole) and if I'm honest, I didn't really wear them at all, but I've worn this about four or five times already.
If I made it again I'd make it a bit smaller - the instructions are for a "snugg fitting garment" so I over-compensated a bit and made it a bit too big. It's a great simple pattern though.

No comments: