knitting, poetry and all the other important things in life...

Saturday 9 June 2007

Recently finished 2 - Monkey socks



These were my first pair of lace socks - and I'm really really pleased with them. Everyone seems to be knitting Monkey at the moment, and I can see why.


I'd memorised the pattern by the end of the second repeat and they grow really quickly. I used some grey Trekking yarn from my LYS that was 25% bamboo. You don't notice the bamboo most of the time, but the yarn is beautifully soft yet feels hardwearing, so I guess that is something to do with it. The colour isn't great, but I think I'll get loads of wear out of them in the winter. Here's a picture of the socks in progress - you can see the lace pattern a bit better.
I think they'd benefit from being blocked but I've no idea how to block socks - the same as everything else or somehow 3D, if you know what I mean. If anyone out there knows, please let me know!

No comments: